Shielding their eyes from light is not the only reason that people wear sunglasses. They also make a statement as a fashion accessory. Fashion aside, when you buy a pair of sunglasses online, just make sure to check that they offer 100% protection against the sun’s UV rays, as not all the cheaper models do. Because the sunglasses cause your pupils to widen as they do in the dark, cheap sunglasses can cause huge amounts of UV radiation to enter your eyes, therefore doing much more harm than good.
When it comes to this season’s big fashion trends in prescription sunglasses, oversized syles are huge- in more ways than one. Here are some ideas on finding supersized shades when you are ready to buy online.
- If your face is oblong, look for frames with contrasting temples.
- If you have a diamond-shaped face, choose cat’s-eye, square or rimless frames.
- For a round-square face, choose rectangular or geometric frames.
- Frames with heavily accented color on the top half work best with a triangular face.
- If you have an oval face, almost any style will work.
Some of this season’s hottest styles are:
- Sunset Boulevard-Oversized plastic “Jackie O” shapes that provide the Hollywood starlet look or anything that is aviator inspired.
- MetalWorks- Metal is one of the hottest fashion accents and sunglasses with studs, grommets or chain links make a bold, flashy fashion statement.
- Pearl Essence-Any shade from brilliant white to subdued ivory is the perfect accent to a brightly colored ensemble.
- Charms and Jewels-These playfully elegant designer styles are accented with crystals and/or charms and trinkets like buttons, hearts or butterflies.
- Signature Style-For personal flair, designer-inscribed sunglasses are in high demand.
- Cutting Edge-Peek-a-boo cut-out temple designs and laser engraved outlines make a bold, edgy, new fashion sunglasses statement.
The simplest way to find your style of prescription sunglasses is to brown online.